Bristol to Barrie

Having served 22+ years service with the Royal Electrical & Mechanical Engineers (REME), we're planning a new life in pastures new. This is an account of our immigration journey, from UK to Canada, beginning to end.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 May 2009

Trip to the bank

After a confusing phone call with the Nationwide, who seemed to have no idea how to provide me with a certified cheque, bank draft or money order, I was told to visit my local branch who would be able to sort me out. For the privilege of spending my own money I have been quoted a £12.00 fee and about a week to wait for the cheque to be delivered. I'm not convinced they're even going to send me what I need; when I asked the cashier the difference between a normal cheque and a certified cheque the answer wasn't exactly forthcoming.

No comments: