Bristol to Barrie

Having served 22+ years service with the Royal Electrical & Mechanical Engineers (REME), we're planning a new life in pastures new. This is an account of our immigration journey, from UK to Canada, beginning to end.

Search This Blog

Monday 15 June 2009

The application has been delivered

Today was the 9th day since I posted our application and I was beginning to get more than concerned that it hadn't tipped up in NS yet. My concern was based on a couple of other applicants who also used 'Royal Mail Airsure' and who's application took 3 - 6 days respectively. The poxy Royal Mail 'Track & Trace' has been giving me the generic - 'Your item, posted on 06/06/09 with reference ***********GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in CANADA' and to be honest I was getting fed up with it.

Fortunately, the forum members of BE came up trumps again, and steered me towards the Canada Post website which unbeknown to me allows tracking using my Royal Mail reference.

At 7.43 am this morning my new found friend, a Mr Robert Doucette, signed for my package - Stage 1 complete.

I'm embarrassed to say it but the Canada Post tracking leaves the Royal Mail one for dead. I can see a full breakdown of everywhere my package has been - an excellent facility. Onto Stage 2, pacing the floor waiting for our AOR and subsequent 120 day letter (fingers crossed).

No comments: