Bristol to Barrie

Having served 22+ years service with the Royal Electrical & Mechanical Engineers (REME), we're planning a new life in pastures new. This is an account of our immigration journey, from UK to Canada, beginning to end.

Search This Blog

Thursday 30 September 2010

Dropping off the passports at the High Commission

Fortunately, there are no dramas to report. I set off from Bristol at 9.40 am and arrived on time in Victoria. I took a casual stroll to the High Commission, arrived early, and started queuing at about 1.10 pm by which time I was 3rd in the queue. By around 1.50 pm there were probably around 35 (less than I was expecting) in total waiting. A man came out and separated us into 2 lines; those 'collecting' and those 'dropping off'. At about 1.55 pm he started calling forward the 'collectors' 5 people at a time. As soon as they were finished we (the 'droppers off') were called forward in the same manner. Once inside I met a man at a desk who asked for my File Number, which he then wrote on a check sheet. He then took my Updated Information Chart, passports and photos and put them all in a resealable plastic sleeve along with one of two identical raffle tickets. Finally, he stapled the duplicate ticket to an information sheet which he gave back to me as my receipt. This is what I must bring back with me when I collect my visas. I was done and out of the building at 2.05 pm.


Roll on 2-weeks, when I return and finally get the visas in my mitts :-)

No comments: