Bristol to Barrie

Having served 22+ years service with the Royal Electrical & Mechanical Engineers (REME), we're planning a new life in pastures new. This is an account of our immigration journey, from UK to Canada, beginning to end.

Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 September 2010

The offical 'Passport Request (PPR)' email has arrived

Sure enough, true to their word, the official email from CHC arrived today (aka the ‘PPR’) requesting that we send in our passports to have our Permanent Residency (PR) visas inserted. I must confess that it’s been difficult to get too excited over the weekend; there was still a sense of reticence not to count our chickens until we saw something in writing. Thankfully we can now celebrate and breathe a full sigh of relief.

It’s my intention to drop the passports off by hand at the High Commission. This is a guaranteed 2-week turnaround and will mean that I’ll have my visa when I go off to CFRC for my CF enrolment trip. It’s perfect timing as I’ll now be able to prove to the CF that I’ve met the prerequisite ‘must be a permanent resident’ check and there’s nothing legally stopping me from enrolling.

Our visa photos are booked for Saturday with Martin Chivers Photography, Bath - a bit pricey at £100 (well there are 6 of us I suppose) but I want to guarantee that they’re exactly right in order to avoid an unnecessary delays. My transport to the High Commission is booked too, courtesy of National Express and their 50% discount for Armed Forces members. At £10.20 return it’s by far the cheapest way to get there from Bristol and it’s only a 20 minute walk from Victoria Coach Station.

No comments: